Free College Application Support: Virtual Drop-in
Join us for free virtual college counseling drop-in support!
Virtual drop-in support was designed to help students who have after-school commitments such as work, babysitting, family duties, or other responsibilities, and can’t commit to our regular yearlong programming.
Our free virtual college coaching sessions take place via Zoom and consist of one-on-one support time from a trained college coach to help students work on their college essays and build their college lists. At the end of each session, we ask students to complete a quick form to give us feedback on their experience.
About drop-in sessions:
- We use Zoom for virtual drop-in advising sessions. Submit our interest form here
- Registration in advance is needed to ensure we have enough volunteers to support students
- Students are seen 1:1 on a first-come, first-serve basis until we reach capacity
- Drop-in hours are subject to change
- Sessions are generally 2 hours long, however, students don’t have to stay for the entire session
We encourage students interested in receiving virtual coaching support and who meet the following criteria, to register in advance.
Eligibility criteria – This program is a good fit for:
- Students who need support with the college application process but have limited time for assistance
- Students who live in the US and attend high schools with limited resources
- Students who identify as first-generation college students or who are from low-income backgrounds
- First-generation college students are defined as students who grew up in households without a parent or guardian who completed a four-year college degree
- Students who are motivated to receive college application support
Sessions will be facilitated in English and we encourage students to be in a quiet space, if possible, so they can have a productive session with one of our coaches.
We also encourage students to come prepared with specific questions or drafts of their essay(s).
See drop-in dates/times below:
- Monday Nov 27th, 4:00pm-6:00pm (PST)
- Tuesday Nov 28th, 4:00pm-6:00pm (PST)
- Monday Dec 11th, 4:00pm-6:00pm (PST)
- Tuesday Dec 12th, 4:00pm-6:00pm (PST)
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect during these sessions?
When students join the drop-in session via Zoom, they will be paired 1:1 with a ScholarMatch college coach in a breakout room. To make the most of this limited opportunity, we encourage students to come prepared with specific questions or drafts of their essay(s).
If students experience any technical issues during the session, like video or audio quality problems, our data team will support them. Students can reach out for support by texting us at (904) 385-8348. Our team will promptly resolve any technical difficulties, ensuring a smooth and uninterrupted session experience.
Do I have to attend every session?
No, students can attend as many sessions as they want. The goal is for students to attend as many sessions as needed as they navigate the college application process.
Who do I contact if I have any questions about the ScholarMatch program?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject [Virtual Drop-in].