Congradulations, Class of 2019!
Last week, we hosted our second annual Graduation Ceremony to celebrate our newest class of college graduates! We are so incredibly proud of our 41 ScholarMatch grads – and while graduating from college is a huge accomplishment, our scholars are already moving onto bigger things! Our newfound alumni are pursuing masters degrees and PhDs and starting full-time positions at companies like Oracle, The Boys & Girls Club, and Amazon. Congrats, grads!
Our Graduation Ceremony would not have been possible without the support of our community members! Thank you so much to:
- The San Francisco Impact Hub for your generous hospitality and for letting us use your venue for this celebratory event;
- Bi-Rite and The Bon Vivants for providing delicious food and mixing up some tasty mocktails;
- The Office of Assessor Carmen Chu for awarding our scholars with certificates from the City and County of San Francisco; and
- All the graduates, family and friends, and community members that attended!
ScholarMatch LA is Now Open
ScholarMatch LA is now open for business! We recently celebrated the Grand Opening of our Los Angeles college center in Boyle Heights over tacos, live entertainment from local youth group Rhythm Impact, and an official ribbon-cutting ceremony with the Boyle Heights Chamber of Commerce. We’re incredibly excited to begin serving Los Angeles youth through the college application process and beyond!
Wine and Dine at Locanda
Enter into Locanda’s 2019 Dinner Auction for your chance to wine and dine at Locanda or Delfina, some of our favorite neighborhood eats!
For the fourth year in a row, Locanda is partnering with us to support scholar Diana Perez become the first person in her family to graduate from college! All contributions to the auction will help Diana finish her senior year at St. Olaf by covering tuition and school supplies.
Enjoy delicious antipasta and wine while knowing that you are directly making college possible for local youth! Enter today by clicking here!
ScholarMatch Required Reading
- Our work with CollegePoint to provide free virtual advising to high school students across the country was featured in the Bloomberg 2019 Annual Report (Bloomberg Philanthropies)
- A look at how non-traditional students are navigating college (NPR)
- Financial emergencies can be detrimental for low-income students. Here’s how this start-up is helping (The Chronicle of Higher Education)
- Student Loan Debt Controversy: Bernie Sanders unveils his plan toeliminate student loan debt and The problem with canceling student loan debt (The New York Times)